The Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL) welcomes applications from highly motivated individuals interested in a world where human rights for all are respected and enjoyed. The Program Research Intern will assist in conducting research and analysis related to peace and security, with some research in relevant economic issues. The interns work will support amplifying feminist voices and advocacy, including at the United Nations.
Encouraged to apply are graduate students and well qualified Junior and Senior year undergraduates for an internship with CWGL for the Spring 2018 semester. This internship will have the student work on projects and assignments which may include one or more of the following activities:
- Conducting and compiling research on peace and security, gender-based violence, and feminist economic analyses of human rights issues
- Monitoring and reporting on related global and national issues, current events and publications and creating resources
- Blogging and producing web content in coordination with others
- Providing administrative support to program initiatives including relevant events and meetings.
- Demonstrated interest (academic, extracurricular, previous jobs) in feminist advocacy, social justice, gender equality, economic and social issues
- Highly organized, with strong writing skills and the ability to prioritize and assume responsibility for multiple projects
- Able to engage in independent learning, growth, and exploration of topics and issues related to the work of the Center, able to take initiative and able to have a quick understanding of complex issues
- Strong writing, research, and analytical ability
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Academic area in political science, sociology, international relations, or related field
- Some global experience
Proficiency in a second language is an asset, but not required. Interns should be able to spend a minimum of 10-12 hours a week in the office to encourage integration and to allow for greater exposure to the full range of goings-on at the Center. This is an unpaid but for-credit internship.
How to Apply:
The Center for Women's Global Leadership currently does not have any open positions.
Join us as a Spring 2018 intern! We welcome applications from highly motivated individuals interested in working with CWGL to advance human rights for all by focusing on the eradication of gender-based violence and the amplification of feminist leadership and economic policy toward a more peaceful world.
There is still time to apply as a Communications Intern.