UN Commission on the Status of Women
61st Session • March 13 - 24, 2017
Women's Economic Empowerment in the Changing World of Work
CWGL Sponsored and Co-Sponsored Events:
Please check back for a flyer with CWGL's full list of events.
- March 8, 2017 (2PM-6PM): Krishanti Dharmaraj and Charlotte Bunch will be speaking at GAIA's International Women's Day event Women Organizing for Peace: Theories and Praxis in the Ruth Dill Johnson Crockett Building, 162 Ryders Lane, Rutgers University.
- March 12, 2017 (10:40AM - 12PM): Radhika Balakrishnan will be speaking at the Consultation Day's panel, Women's Rights and Gender Equity in the Changing World of Work, at The Kaye Auditorium, E. 68th St between Lexington and Park Avenues.
- March 15, 2017 (10:30AM): Krishanti Dharmaraj will be speaking at the parallel event Intersectionality of Gender, Disability and Indigenous Identity: Experiences in Cross-Movement Collaboration to Empower Indigenous Women with Disabilities at the Armenian Cultural Center 630 2nd Ave, New York, New York. Sponsored by International Disability Alliance and the Disability Rights Advocacy Fund.
- March 15, 2017 (6:30PM-7:45PM): Charlotte Bunch will be a panelist at The Secretary-General's First 100 Days: Toward a More Feminist United Nations event in Conference Room 8 of the United Nations. Sponsored by the Government of Costa Rica and the International Center for Research on Women.
- March 15, 2017 (8PM-12AM): image CWGL's Dance Party Celebrating International Women's Day , Katra, 217 Bowery Street (downstairs), New York, NY.
- March 16, 2017 (9AM - 10:45AM): Radhika Balakrishnan will be speaking at Rising Extremism, Macro-Economic Policies, and the Relevance of Gendered Analysis, Uganda House, 336 East 45th Street, NYC. Sponsored by UNDP, IPU, Permanent Mission of Denmark and ICAN.
- March 16, 2017 (12:30PM): Recognizing the Link between the Current Economic Landscape and Gender-Based Violence in Women’s World of Work, UN Church Center, Boss Room, 8th floor, 777 UN Plaza, New York, NY. Sponsored by CWGL.
- March 16, 2017 (12:30PM - 2PM): Charlotte Bunch will be a keynote speaker for Transformative Politics and Women's Leadership, Hardin Room of the UN Church Center, 777 UN Plaza, New York, NY. Sponsored by the Ministry of Gender Equality, Republic of Korea.
- March 16, 2017 (3:30PM): SPEAK OUT! at the Armenian Convention Center at 630 2nd Avenue, New York, NY.
- March 17, 2017: 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign strategy meeting. Closed session.
- March 17, 2017 (8:30AM): Radhika Balakrishnan will be a panelist for Advancing Women’s Economic Rights through Human Rights, UN Church Center, 10th floor, 777 UN Plaza, New York, NY. Sponsored by Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS–NYC), co-sponsored by Global Policy Forum (GPF), Public Services International (PSI) Development Alternatives with Women for a New Era (DAWN), and Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL).
- March 22, 2017 (6PM): Radhika Balakrishnan will be moderating a panel event, Moving Forward: Defending Civil Liberties & Human Rights with Margaret Huang (Executive Director of Amnesty USA), Anthony Romero (Executive Director of ACLU) and Vince Warren (Executive Director of Center for Constitutional Rights). Sponsored by CWGL & the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs. Located in Rutgers Academic Building Room 2225, 15 Seminary Place, New Brunswick, NJ.
- United Nations:
Official United Nations website for the 61st session of the Commission on the Status of Women
Calendar of Side Events
- NGO CSW Committee:
Official website of the NGO Committee on the Status of Women
Coming soon: NGO CSW Forum 2017 Handbook including Schedule of Parallel Events