The Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL) welcomes applications from highly motivated individuals interested in a world where human rights for all are respected and enjoyed. The communications intern will work toward generating greater visibility of CWGL’s program initiatives through social media, multimedia, the CWGL website, press outreach, and strategically coordinating among CWGL’s networks.
Encouraged to apply are graduate students and well qualified Junior and Senior year undergraduates for an internship with CWGL for the Spring 2019 semester. This internship will have the student work on projects and assignments which may include one or more of the following activities:
- Helping to coordinate the communication and media strategy of CWGL.
- Implementing a social media plan that includes creative new tools and strategy for outreach that coincide with CWGL’s goals and program areas.
- Creating and posting on CWGL’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and assessing reach and impact through a system of analytics.
- Taking, editing, and organizing photos and videos.
- Creating fliers, postcards, brochures, and other visual identity material.
- Advising on and implementing updates to the CWGL website via Joomla.
- Setting up a system for press contacts, coverage, and outreach.
- Administrative tasks such as data entry, preparing mailings, or setting up event/meeting materials as needed.
- Demonstrated interest (academic, extracurricular, previous jobs) in feminist advocacy, human rights, and gender equality.
- Strong organizational and writing skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Experience managing social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Knowledge of analytics systems or tools such as Google analytics or other.
- Familiarity with photography and photo/video editing.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Design experience in generating promotional materials through Canva or other platforms.
- Experience using Joomla or other website platforms such as WordPress.
- Demonstrated communications experience for an organization working on gender equality or human rights.
Proficiency in a second language is an asset, but not required. Interns should be able to spend a minimum of 15 hours a week in the office. This is a paid internship.
How to Apply: