Join the Global Women's Institute, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and the Milken Institute School of Public Health for a panel discussion on the intersections between violence against women and violence against children, including common factors and promising practices for addressing both. The challenges and opportunities that arise in the intersection of these two fields will be explored during the panel discussion.
Dr. Lynn Goldman, Dean of the Milken Institute School of Public Health at George Washington University and member of the GWI Leadership Council and Alessandra Guedes, Regional Advisor on Family Violence at PAHO/WHO, will give brief remarks.
Charlotte Bunch, Founding Director and Senior Scholar of the Center for Women’s Global Leadership at Rutgers University and Co-chair of the GWI Leadership Council will moderate a discussion among our panelists:
- Dr. Mary Ellsberg, Director of the Global Women's Institute
- Brisa De Angulo, Founder and CEO of A Breeze of Hope
- Dr. Shiva Kumar, Co-chair of Know Violence in Childhood
- Dr. Daniela Ligiero, Executive Director and CEO of Together for Girls
- Dr. Claudia Garcia-Moreno, Team Leader for Violence Against Women in the Department of Reproductive Health and Research at the World Health Organization
- Esta Soler, Founder and President of Futures Without VIolence
Light refreshments will be served following the talk.
This event is free and open to the public, but because space is limited, please register for the event in advance.
#16Days #VAWG #VAC